I approach each patient as a whole person, even though in surgery I see them for a specific ailment or injury. Each patient is unique in their experiences, and I like to get to know each patient and their family so that I may provide the best care possible. Beyond surgical disease and surgical technique, I firmly believe that a patient’s previous experiences, coping mechanisms, attitude and support system can make or break their recovery and healing.
Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my family. I am married, we have three children and two dogs. If I have time to spare outside of work and family time, I like to hike, watch sports, and practice amateur woodworking and car repair.
UCHealth is a growing institution with demonstrated excellence in surgical care. I believe UCHealth is the best, most complete health system in the state and takes the best care of people in Colorado and surrounding states.
Qualifications and experience
- Surgery - Laparoscopic Surgery, Surgery - Trauma and Acute Care, Surgical Critical Care
Loyola Chicago Stritch School of Medicine (2010)
- Clinical interest for patients
- Emergency general surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Surgical critical care
- Behavioral health impact on trauma and surgical patients
- Colon and rectal surgery
- General surgery
- Research interest for patients
Behavioral health impact on trauma and surgical patient's experience of care and outcomes.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.