I was educated at a Jesuit university which teaches “cura personalis”—or care for the whole person. I try to provide care for the whole patient by not just focusing on their physical complaints but addressing their emotional and spiritual concerns and well-being. I also worked in a “hospital-at-home” care model that focused a great deal on social determinants of health. I feel that by addressing patients social aspects (housing, transportation, support, medical access, financial, etc.) you can properly set them up to achieve their highest possible level of health.
I was born and raised in Denver, CO. I have never lived in another state! My husband and I recently moved to Loveland with our old man Boxer dog, Sammy. We love to travel and experience new places and cultures. We are active in numerous billiards leagues and have won our leagues’ tournaments a few times to make it to the National Championship tournament in Las Vegas. Warm weather is my favorite, and I spend most of my days off on my paddle board on any one of northern Colorado’s lakes. Other hobbies include reading, kick boxing, movie date nights and any live sports events.
Qualifications and experience
- Cardiology, Heart and Circulation - Coronary Disease, Heart and Circulation - Heart Valve Diseases, Surgery - Cardiothoracic Surgery, Surgery - Vascular Surgery
- Languages spoken
Masters of Science
Georgetown University (2022)
Denver College of Nursing (2015)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Specialty Year American Nurses Credentialing Center Adult-Geriatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner 2023
- Clinical interest for patients
- Cardiac and vascular surgery.
- Venous insufficiency.
- Critical care medicine.
- Heart failure.
- Chronic pain alternative treatments.
- Research interest for patients
Alternative treatments for chronic pain and risk/benefit analysis in decreasing poly-pharmacy in geriatric patients.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.