Growing up in the mountains of Colorado has shaped my approach to life immensely. There is nothing I enjoy more than hiking on a beautiful sunny day, with the people I care about and my dog, Griffin. Nature and our connection to others have the power to heal. My experience working in behavioral health, specifically with co-occurring disorders, has taught me the importance of healthy attachments and the crucial role that connection plays in the change process.I work from an attachment theory perspective. When there is threat to our relationships, loss can be very stressful on our nervous system causing, “dis-ease.” I am advanced level trained in evidenced based practices such as: EMDR, Somatic Experiencing, and Internal Family Systems. In therapy, I work with the mind-body connection, coupled with: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Solution-Focused Therapy to get patients relief quickly. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Addiction Counselor, my training and experience has helped me to see patients as more than their symptoms. I work hard to bring compassion and competency to the therapeutic process, working in the integrated health care setting.
Monday: 8am - 5pm
Tuesday: 8am - 5pm
Wednesday: 8am - 5pm
Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Friday: 8am - 5pm
Qualifications and experience
- Mental Health and Behavior
- Languages spoken
Master of Social Work
University of Denver (2000)
Bachelor of Arts
University of Colorado - Boulder (1998)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Specialty Year Department of Regulatory Agencies Licensed Addiction Counselor 2016 Department of Regulatory Agencies Licensed Clinical Social Worker 2013
- Clinical interest for patients
- Efficacy of ketamine therapy in the treatment of depression.
- Consortium on addiction recovery science.
- National Institutes of Health Helping to End Addiction Long-term (HEAL) Initiative.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.