David has been in practice as a speech-language pathologist since 2001. His patient-centered approach focuses on treating the patient as a whole person and developing treatment goals that take into account the everyday needs and wants of patients and their families. David serves as supervisor of the speech pathology team at University of Colorado Hospital.
UCHealth delivers advanced, life-saving and life-enhancing treatment to patients from a broad geographic region. Our medical, surgical and rehabilitation teams are skilled in the treatment of unusual and challenging diagnoses. David has chosen to make his career at UCHealth in order to be an integral part of an excellent, innovative professional team for the benefit of patients.
Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (CCC-SLP)
Master of Arts in Communication Sciences and Disorders – The Ohio State University
Colorado Division of Professions and Occupations License
CPR/BLS from American Heart Association
Road and mountain biking, dogs, camping, mindfulness practice.
Qualifications and experience
- Rehabilitation Therapy - Speech Therapy
Ohio State University (2000)
Bachelor of Arts
University of Kansas (1997)
- Clinical interest for patients
He serves the needs of patients with problems related to swallowing, communication, cognition and functional breathing disorders. He has particular skill in treating patients with head and neck cancer, tracheostomy, and altered anatomy related to speech and swallowing.
- Research interest for patients
- Effects of intubation on safety for eating and drinking.
- Use of flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing for bedside assessment.
- Volunteer activities
David has ridden 545 miles down the California coast each summer in 2014, 2015 and 2016 to raise funds in support AIDSLifecyle's work to end HIV. He will ride again in June 2018.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.