For specialists, training is by necessity focused on a narrow area of the body or a particular organ system. I believe, however, in treating patients and their neurological problems in a more wholistic way, recognizing that healing is often best achieved through multiple approaches. When possible, I recommend non-surgical care and prefer minimally invasive techniques over more invasive ones. I work closely with other local physicians, therapists, pain management specialists and other caregivers to provide the best combination of treatments for each individual I see.
A native of the Rocky Mountain West, our family moved to Colorado in 2021. Outside of the hospital and clinic you can find me backpacking, skiing, biking, sailing or playing golf in the mountains, lakes and fairways in the area, often with one or more of my kids sharing in the adventure.
Qualifications and experience
- Brain and Nervous System - General Neurosurgery, Neurosurgery, Surgery - Neurosurgery
- Languages spoken
University Hospitals of Cleveland/Case Western Reserve University (2014)
Master of Business Administration
Case Western Reserve University — Weatherhead School of Management (2013)
University Hospitals of Cleveland/Case Western Reserve University (2008)
Doctor of Medicine
New York Medical College (2007)
Bachelor of Arts
Brigham Young University (2002)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Member Board Specialty Year American Board of Medical Specialties American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery 2019
- Clinical interest for patients
- Surgery of the spine: cervical, thoracic and lumbar for treatment of disc herniations, stenosis, spondylolisthesis, myelopathy, radiculopathy, fractures and tumors.
- Open and minimally invasive surgical approaches.
- Cervical artificial disc replacement.
- Treatment of brain and spine trauma.
- Treatment of intracranial hemorrhage.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Research interest for patients
- Quality improvement initiatives in medical care.
- Comprehensive/holistic approaches to wellness and healing.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.