A CU Medicine provider.
Qualifications and experience
- Immune System, Infections, Infections - Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Infections - Viral Infections, Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine
- Languages spoken
Massachusetts General Hospital Program (1995)
Johns Hopkins University Program (1989)
University of Virginia School of Medicine (1988)
Johns Hopkins University Program (1991)
Duke University (NC) (1984)
- Research interest for patients
1. Cellular immune response to HIV-1 and correlates of immune protection in early and chronic HIV-1 infection.
2. Development of novel prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines for HIV-1 infection
3. Immune reconstitution of HIV-1 infection
4. Interactions between HIV-1 and dendritic cells
5. Dendritic cell, T cell, and epithelial cell interactions in HIV-infected gut-associated lymphoid tissue (GALT)
6. HIV, aging, microbiome and mucosal immune function
7. Mechanisms of HIV-associated death in intestinal T cells
8. Role of Interferons in HIV pathogenesis
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.