What is Epic?
Epic is a fully integrated, CMS-certified electronic medical record (EMR) system and is the most widely used EMR in the US. To date, more than 50 percent of the US population have their medical records in Epic. More than 1,800 of our physicians throughout Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska utilize UCHealth’s shared ambulatory patient record in Epic.
What are the benefits of Epic?
- Fully integrated system, single patient record shared across hospital and outpatient environments
- Leverages best practice models from leading institutions
- Comprehensive suite of modules with continued expansion and regular upgrades and improvements
- Ranked #1 by KLAS
(KLAS is an independent and impartial healthcare technology rating company, similar to Consumer Reports or JD Power and Associates for healthcare IT.)
- Meaningful use certified
UCHealth’s Epic Community Connect program
UCHealth’s Epic Community Connect program provides physicians the advantage of using our Epic practice management and ambulatory electronic health record. Epic Community Connect includes:
- Core suite of modules
- Implementation and ongoing support
- Server hosting and data management
Why do community physicians see value and embrace our program solution?
- Avoid duplicate tests
- View thorough patient medical histories
- Easily coordinate care
- Quickly access test results
- Send records to other physicians or health system departments
- Save office space
- Securely store confidential patient information
Other support services available:
- PACS/image hosting
- Equipment leasing
- Technical (network/desktop) support
Our system is live and Epic Ambulatory has been in use for over four years at UCHealth. We offer a local, personalized support model and each practice will have assigned account manager based in their region.
For more information or to set up a demo of Epic Community Connect with our IT services team, please contact:
Senior Director, Physician Relations and Strategic Planning