ANCC-approved Continuing Nursing Education
Requirements for CNE activities
- A Nurse Planner is a currently licensed RN with a baccalaureate degree or higher in nursing who is actively involved in all aspects of planning, implementation, and evaluation of the CNE activity.
- The Nurse Planner is knowledgeable of the CNE process and is responsible for adherence to the ANCC criteria.
- A Nurse Planner must attend the ANCC CNE Orientation presented by the Provider Unit (PU) to be identified as a Nurse Planner.
- The planning committee has at least two people:
- One Nurse Planner
- One other planner with appropriate subject matter expertise (can be another Nurse Planner or a Presenter who is on the planning committee).
>> View the list of Designated Nurse Planners.
Short (1.0 – 3.0) ANCC Continuing Nursing Education
- Activity Planning Document – updated March 2016
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure – updated March 2016
- Flyer – updated March 2016
- Attendance Form (updated March 2016) > PDF > Word
Please submit completed planning document, COI disclosures, and flyer 30 days prior to event date, to: UCH-ANCC-Applications@uchealth.org
Post-CNE activity requirements
Post-Activity Summative Evaluation – updated March 2016
Submit completed attendance form, completed participant evaluations, and summative evaluation forms to Therese Sedillo, Mailstop 901 or electronically to the UCH-ANCC mailbox.
Long ANCC (greater than 3.0) Continuing Nursing Education
- If you’re planning a course with ANCC contact hours greater than 3.0, please set an initial planning meeting with the Educational Programs Coordinator, Therese Sedillo (e-mail address below), three to five months prior to the anticipated date.
- Please complete the Long CE Budget Planning document and Long CE planning table prior to the initial planning meeting with Therese.
- Long CNE Activity Planning Form – updated March 2016
- Long CNE Planning Table & Evaluation – updated March 2016
- Long CE Budget Planning Document – updated January 2014
- Conflict of Interest (COI) Disclosure – updated March 2016 (same as COI form for short CNE)
- Coprovidership Agreement – if required, will be emailed by Education Programs Coordinator
- Commercial Support Agreement – if required, will be emailed by Education Programs Coordinator
- Standards for Disclosure and Commercial Support – if required, will be emailed by Education Programs Coordinator
- ANCC CE Educational Objectives Tip Sheet
- ANCC Accreditation Manual
- Additional Conflict of Interest Information
INTERNAL Short CE Programs 1 hour or less (for UCH internal Continuing Education ONLY)
PLEASE SUBMIT TO MAILBOX: UCH.SHORTCEREQUEST@UCH.EDU NO LATER THAN 7 DAYS BEFORE OR YOUR PROGRAM MAY NOT BE APPROVED!
Short CE Application Form – updated July 2012
Attendance Form – updated May 2012
Please download the Employee Continuing Education Record to keep track of the courses you have presented or attended.
Live & Virtual ANCC Journal Club Forms
All Journal Club forms are located under the “Journal Club Resources” accordion header on the Interprofessional Research Resources page on this website.
Questions? Contact Therese Sedillo at 720-848-6694 or email@example.com ; however, all forms are to be submitted directly to mailboxes noted above.