UCHealth’s palliative care programs help you by:
- Identifying the full spectrum of physical, spiritual, and psychological care options available to you
- Matching your goals and values to a customized care plan
- Enhancing curative care with improved symptom control and relief
- Empowering you and your family to make fully informed choices
- Supporting all involved in the process, from diagnosis through grief
A certified program
University of Colorado Hospital Palliative Care has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for its palliative care program by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety in palliative care. The certification award recognizes UCH’s dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s state-of-the- art standards.
Certification is available only to Joint Commission-accredited hospitals and provides the framework for a formal, organized palliative care program led by:
- An interdisciplinary team whose members possess the requisite expertise in palliative care
- Leadership endorsement and support of the program’s goals for providing care, treatment and services
- A special focus on patient and family engagement
- Processes that support the coordination of care and communication among all care settings and providers
We are one of only 49 Palliative Care Programs in the country with this designation.