Specialized emergency care 24/7 in Steamboat Springs
For emergency medical care, call 911!
The YVMC difference
We’re the only emergency department in Steamboat Springs that’s part of a hospital. This means we have a range of on-call specialists, and their care expertise, available day and night.
Whether your emergency involves minor care, a major injury or a life-threatening event, rest assured UCHealth Emergency Care at YVMC is ready. Our board-certified emergency physicians and advanced radiology, laboratory and other clinical specialists are available 24/7.
A Level III trauma center
Yampa Valley Medical Center’s Emergency Care (ED) is a Level III Trauma Center. We serve everyone within our community and the surrounding region who requires emergency care, as well as visitors from around the world.
We provide 24-hour emergency services that meet the needs of acutely ill patients of all ages, including:
- Assessment and stabilization
- Care provided by board-certified physicians and emergency-credentialed nurses
- Comprehensive advanced radiology and lab diagnostics
- Available medications, procedures, and surgery as needed
- Emphasis on patient safety and comfort
- Patient education and discharge planning
- Hospital admission or transfer, as appropriate
Special patient services
Patient satisfaction and quality
Emergency care services at YVMC consistently rank in the 99th percentile for patient satisfaction. Of patients surveyed, 92% indicated they were likely to recommend YVMC Emergency Care services.