Specialized emergency care 24/7 in Steamboat Springs
For emergency medical care, call 911!
The YVMC difference
We’re the only emergency department in Steamboat Springs that’s part of a hospital. This means we have a range of on-call specialists, and their care expertise, available day and night.
Whether your emergency involves minor care, a major injury or a life-threatening event, rest assured UCHealth Emergency Care at YVMC is ready. Our board-certified emergency physicians and advanced radiology, laboratory and other clinical specialists are available 24/7.
A Level III trauma center
Yampa Valley Medical Center’s Emergency Care (ED) is a Level III Trauma Center. We serve everyone within our community and the surrounding region who requires emergency care, as well as visitors from around the world.
We provide 24-hour emergency services that meet the needs of acutely ill patients of all ages, including:
- Assessment and stabilization
- Care provided by board-certified physicians and emergency-credentialed nurses
- Comprehensive advanced radiology and lab diagnostics
- Available medications, procedures, and surgery as needed
- Emphasis on patient safety and comfort
- Patient education and discharge planning
- Hospital admission or transfer, as appropriate
Emergency room services
For adults and children, small emergencies are no big deal when you’re this close to great care. YVMC—with the only local emergency department that’s part of a hospital in Steamboat Springs—now treats small emergencies at smaller prices 24/7. Just part of our focus on improving the value of healthcare in northwest Colorado.
When you need us, here’s what you can expect 24/7:
- Short wait times (average is 8 minutes).
- Quality care from specialty-trained, board-certified emergency room physicians.
- Treatment and care for patients of all ages.
- Access to specialty care when needed.
- New smaller prices.
- All insurance accepted.
At discharge, YVMC offers convenient outpatient pharmacy services to fill prescriptions written by the emergency department physicians. Prescriptions are delivered to patients prior to discharge from emergency care.
ER shuttle at the Steamboat mountain base
UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center offers a shuttle from the mountain base to the YVMC emergency department for injured guests during the winter season. The shuttle is conveniently located at the Ski Patrol’s injured guest station.
Patient satisfaction and quality
Emergency care services at YVMC consistently rank in the 99th percentile for patient satisfaction. Of patients surveyed, 92% indicated they were likely to recommend YVMC Emergency Care services.