Date(s)October 26, 2017
Time5:15pm - 8:00pm
Implicit Bias Matters
You are invited to a thought-provoking event sponsored by UCHealth and the Center for Women’s Health Research. This program is held in collaboration with the University of Colorado Denver, the Center for Bioethics and Humanities at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, and the National Behavioral Health Innovation Center.
- To define implicit bias.
- To explain why implicit bias matters in health care and to mental health and women’s health in particular.
- To describe strategies and techniques for mitigating implicit bias.
- 5:15pm Check-in and light dinner. Visit informational booths.
- 6:00pm Welcome and introductions
- 6:05pm Defining and Demystifying Implicit Bias- Brenda J. Allen, PhD
- 6:35pm Derailed: A Hard Call® Story Exploring Mental Illness and Stigma- Matt Wynia, MD
- 7:05pm Can Technology Help us Address Implicit Bias? Virtual Reality as a Tool for Building Empathy and Understanding- Matt Vogl, MPH
- 7:35pm Question and Answer session
- 8:00pm Adjourn
Cost: $10 per person (includes light dinner)
Parking: Free Valet parking at the Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion at 12605 East 16th Ave Aurora, CO 80045
For More information contact Chiara Del Monaco at 720-848-4023 (email@example.com)
Registrations are closed for this event.