COVID-19 mass vaccination playbook
Cars per hour
Minutes per car
(including 15‑minute observation period)
In collaboration with multiple agencies and community partners, UCHealth was able to successfully vaccinate nearly 10,000 Coloradans in one weekend.
Our goal is to help organizations everywhere have an understanding of the tools and resources they need to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine to their communities as quickly as possible, so we can put this virus behind us.
Mass vaccination playbook
In the playbook we have identified a process that maximizes the safety, convenience and efficiency of administering a large number of vaccines to a large, broad and diverse number of people in a relatively short period of time.
Key statistics from the event:
- Two, 6-hour days
- 10,000 vaccines administered
- 834 cars per hour
- 22.4 minutes per car, including the 15-minute observation period
- Zero unused doses
- .9% patient no-show rate
- All appointments filled within 72 hours
Thank you to our partners who helped make the event possible
- Colorado Rockies and Coors Field
- Denver Police Department
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- City and County of Denver