Innovations in treatment and prevention
One of the many ways we’re advancing health care is by focusing on innovations in our specialty care services, which have rapidly gained a reputation for excellence nationwide. Our unique combination of academic-based and community-focused medicine brings Coloradans an unparalleled level of expertise in specialty care treatment and prevention.
the University of Colorado School of Medicine
Recent multi-year investments in our partnership with the University of Colorado School of Medicine:
- The University of Colorado Cancer Center is Colorado’s only National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Advances in medicine come from new ideas developed through clinical research.
- The largest and most comprehensive provider of cardiovascular services in the state.
- A leader in the most advanced care and treatments (e.g., TAVR).
- Offering a number of community programs focused on heart care (Healthy Hearts, Healthy Kids Club).
Neurosciences and stroke care
- Our telestroke program brings advanced stroke care to communities throughout Colorado (20 telestroke locations across Colorado).
- Our Mobile Stroke Treatment Unit saves lives through early intervention for patients.