Access to care
Increasing access to care through virtual health, a commitment to Medicaid and lower-cost care options.
As the largest provider of Medicaid services in Colorado, UCHealth is committed to caring for the state’s most vulnerable populations.
Expanding virtual health services
Our virtual health services provide solutions when patients need them most, and include programs across the continuum of care that decrease cost, increase access and improve quality.
Committed to reducing the cost of care
UCHealth is committed to increasing access to affordable, high-quality care and reducing the cost of care for Coloradans with:
- Lower-cost care options. Providing lower-cost care options like ambulatory surgery centers and freestanding imaging centers which perform services at a lower cost.
- Access. Expanding access to primary care and urgent care locations.
- High-performance networks. Partnering with employers and insurers to offer significant discounts through high-performing provider networks.
- Price transparency. Supporting price transparency and offering an online price-estimate tool, which gives patients an accurate estimate of their potential out-of-pocket bills.
- Value-based care. Investing in population health and value-based care initiatives.
- Social determinants of health. Encouraging preventive care and addressing social determinants of health, like food insecurity.
The latest news in Access to care
Jan. 17, 2023
Dec. 27, 2022
Dec. 10, 2022