Access to care
Increasing access to care through virtual health, a commitment to Medicaid and lower-cost care options.
As the largest provider of Medicaid services in Colorado, UCHealth is committed to caring for the state’s most vulnerable populations.
Expanding virtual health services
Our virtual health services provide solutions when patients need them most, and include programs across the continuum of care that decrease cost, increase access and improve quality.
Committed to reducing the cost of care
UCHealth is committed to increasing access to affordable, high-quality care and reducing the cost of care for Coloradans by:
- Providing lower-cost care options like ambulatory surgery centers, which perform surgeries at a lower cost.
- Expanding access to primary care and urgent care locations.
- Partnering with employers and insurers to offer significant discounts through high-performing provider networks.
- Supporting price transparency and offering an online price-estimate tool, which gives patients an accurate estimate of their potential out-of-pocket bills.
- Investing in population health and value-based care initiatives.
- Encouraging preventive care and addressing social determinants of health, like food insecurity.
The latest news in Access to care
Aug. 16, 2022
April 12, 2022
March 8, 2022
Jan. 21, 2022