Find your routine
- Sweet tooth calling? Studies show a 15-minute walk can curb your cravings.
- Walking 7+ hours a week can cut your risk of breast cancer by 14%.
- Stiff competition: Walking 6 miles each week can stop arthritis from forming.
- People who walk 20 min. each day have 43% fewer sick days each year.
- Mind your step: Walking ¼ mi each day can cuts your risk of Alzheimer’s by 50%.
- Good eye: Walking 3+ times each week lowers eye pressure and risk of
- Starting your day by running a set of intervals can boost metabolism for the following 24 hours.
- People with a regular running routine report fewer problems with insomnia.
- Running releases endorphins and reduces effects of depression and anxiety.
- Running is thought to be hard on joints, but regular runners are less likely to develop osteoporosis.
- Climbing 2 flights of stairs per day can lead to 6lbs. of weight loss over one
- 10 minutes of stair climbing each day cuts your risk of heart attack in half.
- Step it up: Routine stair climbing burns more calories than regular jogging.
- Routine stair climbing increases bone density, meaning fewer injuries while
doing other exercises.
- Climbing stairs can increase the amount of good cholesterol in the blood.
- Tired? Drink water. Mid-day fatigue can be caused by dehydration.
- Sip away stiffness: 30oz. of water each day lubricates joints and keeps them moving after exercise.
- Crystal clear: Drinking water each day protects eyesight and fights macular degeneration.
- Drinking warm water in the morning kickstarts your metabolism and improves athletic performance.
- 8oz. of warm water and lemon in the morning increases blood flow which nourishes muscles while exercising.
- Simple stretches increase blood flow to the muscles and prevents
soreness after working out.
- Studies show, stretching for 5 min, 3 times each day, can lower
- Rolling Routine: Use a foam roller after exercise prevents tendon or
muscle injury by 6%.
- Workout/life balance: Stretching each day improves your balance which
improves running speed and overall strength.
- Psychologists say routine smiling makes you more trustworthy and attractive. Even fake ones work.
- Retrain your brain: Regular smiling releases seratonin and can rewire your brain to be more positive.
- Positivity works: Studies show that routine smiling helps your productivity at home or the office.
- Routine smiling can make you more creative. The hormones released by
smiling improves neural connections.
- Routine laughing instantly increases your blood flow and decreases risk of
- 10-15 minutes of laughing burns anywhere from 40-100 calories.
- Remember to chuckle: Laughing improves your short term memory and instant recall.
- Laughing increases your pain tolerance by 10%, meaning less stiffness after exercising.
- Reapply sunscreen every 90min. to reduce the risk of melanoma by almost
- When looking for a sunscreen, look for broad spectrum. It is the best defense against cancer-causing UV rays.
- UV rays can cause wrinkles, sunspots, lines and pigmentation. Find a broad
spectrum sunscreen to keep looking young.
Postcards from Chuck Nazty
Sign up to get motivation in your mailbox from Charlie Blackmon. Every month, you’ll receive postcards from road games including tips and advice for keeping your healthy routine strong. #rockyourroutine