Find your healthy routine
- Sweet tooth calling? Studies show a 15-minute walk can curb your cravings.
- Walking 7+ hours a week can cut your risk of breast cancer by 14%.
- Stiff competition: Walking 6 miles each week can stop arthritis from forming.
- People who walk 20 min. each day have 43% fewer sick days each year.
- Mind your step: Walking ¼ mi each day can cuts your risk of Alzheimer’s by 50%.
- Good eye: Walking 3+ times each week lowers eye pressure and risk of
- Starting your day by running a set of intervals can boost metabolism for the following 24 hours.
- People with a regular running routine report fewer problems with insomnia.
- Running releases endorphins and reduces effects of depression and anxiety.
- Running is thought to be hard on joints, but regular runners are less likely to develop osteoporosis.
- Climbing 2 flights of stairs per day can lead to 6lbs. of weight loss over one
- 10 minutes of stair climbing each day cuts your risk of heart attack in half.
- Step it up: Routine stair climbing burns more calories than regular jogging.
- Routine stair climbing increases bone density, meaning fewer injuries while
doing other exercises.
- Climbing stairs can increase the amount of good cholesterol in the blood.
- Tired? Drink water. Mid-day fatigue can be caused by dehydration.
- Sip away stiffness: 30oz. of water each day lubricates joints and keeps them moving after exercise.
- Crystal clear: Drinking water each day protects eyesight and fights macular degeneration.
- Drinking warm water in the morning kickstarts your metabolism and improves athletic performance.
- 8oz. of warm water and lemon in the morning increases blood flow which nourishes muscles while exercising.
- Simple stretches increase blood flow to the muscles and prevents
soreness after working out.
- Studies show, stretching for 5 min, 3 times each day, can lower
- Rolling Routine: Use a foam roller after exercise prevents tendon or
muscle injury by 6%.
- Workout/life balance: Stretching each day improves your balance which
improves running speed and overall strength.
- Psychologists say routine smiling makes you more trustworthy and attractive. Even fake ones work.
- Retrain your brain: Regular smiling releases seratonin and can rewire your brain to be more positive.
- Positivity works: Studies show that routine smiling helps your productivity at home or the office.
- Routine smiling can make you more creative. The hormones released by
smiling improves neural connections.
- Routine laughing instantly increases your blood flow and decreases risk of
- 10-15 minutes of laughing burns anywhere from 40-100 calories.
- Remember to chuckle: Laughing improves your short term memory and instant recall.
- Laughing increases your pain tolerance by 10%, meaning less stiffness after exercising.
- Reapply sunscreen every 90min. to reduce the risk of melanoma by almost
- When looking for a sunscreen, look for broad spectrum. It is the best defense against cancer-causing UV rays.
- UV rays can cause wrinkles, sunspots, lines and pigmentation. Find a broad
spectrum sunscreen to keep looking young.
Postcards from Charlie
For the third season in a row, Rockies outfielder Charlie Blackmon is sending postcards from the road straight to your mailbox. Sign-up below to get monthly motivation from Chuck Nazty himself along with an opportunity to win prizes throughout the 2021 season.