Healthy Families is a six-week class that teaches you and your family about heart disease and how to reduce your family’s risk factors. Have fun as a family learning about:
- Risk factors for heart disease and stroke
- Stress reduction
- Making healthy snacks
- Cholesterol levels
- Shopping on a budget
- Blood sugar
- Eating healthy and reading food labels
- Blood pressure
- Importance of physical activity
- Body mass index
- Tobacco avoidance
- Tracking physical activity with a Fitbit
For more information about Healthy Hearts, please email email@example.com or call 970-624-1585.
- “I learned so much about keeping my family and I healthy through exercise, healthy eating, stress relief, and so much more. During the past 6 weeks I found myself checking my Fitbit and making sure I did the exercise I needed to keep up with my goals. I also check food labels on food more frequently. Even my children started checking labels before they started eating. Again, thank you for this opportunity. It definitely has helped my family and I become more aware and also become healthier.” – Heather Olson
- “I love that the whole family is involved and learning together because then we can support each other in making healthy changes.” – Candice McLaren
Healthy Hearts Family Intervention program
Thanks to a $154,320 grant to the PVHS Foundation from AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation’s Connections for Cardiovascular Health SM program, we have started a Healthy Hearts Family Intervention to help kids and families learn more about keeping their hearts healthy.
For more information, please contact Jillian Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-624-1585.