Health screenings for employees
75% of medical costs come from largely preventable diseases including cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. These chronic conditions are often not being properly detected and diagnosed.
- Lipid panel (total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides)
- Blood glucose
- Blood pressure
- BMI and waist circumference
- Personalized heart, stroke, and diabetes risk assessments
Benefits to your company
- Multi-day on-site screenings available
- Convenient for employees to increase participation
- Reduce employees’ medical costs and missed work
- Identify current health risks within your organization and provide early intervention of chronic conditions
- Customizable aggregate reports
Benefits to your employees
- You stay with the same health screener through the entire screening
- We don’t believe in “herding” you station to station
- Allows you to feel more comfortable to ask questions regarding your screening results and health that can lead to better lifestyle choices
- Less painful and time consuming than a traditional blood draw
- Results can be uploaded into Epic (patient medical records) for your health care provider and self to view
- Receive referral to Lifestyle Health or other services
83% of adults screened by Healthy Hearts plan to make a positive change to their nutrition and 67% plan to increase their level of activity.
Results and testimonials
The assessments and screening can reduce healthcare costs by decreasing the number of medical claims for preventable diseases. This can also decrease employee absenteeism which, in turn, increases productivity. 73% of those who participated in their workplace adult wellness program stated that it was effective in improving the health of the employees. In addition, 52% responded that offering adult wellness programs is effective in reducing the health care costs of their workplace (2014 Alere).
Here’s what companies have said about working with Healthy Hearts:
- “Your staff was prompt, respectful, pleasant, efficient and informative and our members appreciated the convenience and speed with which their screening occurred. It was just an overall perfect experience.” (Woodward Governor)
- “Your organization of the event along with the resourcefulness of your staff was priceless from an administrative viewpoint. Thank you for making this event so flawless.” (Woodward Governor)
- “I was immensely impressed!! They were here promptly at 6:30 am and set up quickly and were ready to go ahead of time. They brought excellent patient education materials. They treated our employees with respect, compassion, friendliness professionalism and care. They did patient education about cholesterol, blood pressure, stroke awareness and diabetes and with only a finger stick and results in about 10 minutes. They appropriately referred employees back to me or to their Primary Care Physician, if indicated. They cleaned up after themselves when they were completed. I cannot say enough about how glad I am we partnered with Healthy Hearts. I would highly recommend their services to anyone looking for wellness screening and patient education.” (Dion, Senior Occupational Health Nurse at State Farm)
- “Healthy Hearts offers high quality screenings with the best customer experience and satisfaction from a partner we have seen yet at PSD. They are professional and passionate about what they do and provide a high level of care to every age group.” (Ashley, PSD)
- Healthy Hearts received a $5,000 grant from WISH to provide adult biometric screenings for Thompson School District staff and their families.
- WISH is a giving circle formed by a group of local women, working with Poudre
Valley Hospital and Medical Center of the Rockies Foundation, to educate,
empower and inspire women philanthropists by supporting the health needs of
our community through UCHealth programs, partnerships and services provided
in Larimer County.
- Get more information about WISH
Get more healthy hearts information from our Health Library
UCHealth partners with StayWell Solutions, a leader in medical informatics, to bring you the most current and complete health information. Visit our health library for information about conditions, treatments, tests, and healthy living.
Blood pressure: “What is High Blood Pressure?”
Diabetes: “Facts About Diabetes.”
Exercise recommendations: “Exercise Your Way to a Healthy Heart.”
Heart attack: “Recognizing a Heart Attack or Angina”
Stroke: “What is a Stroke?”
Triglycerides: “The Truth About Triglycerides.”
Cholesterol results: “Understanding Your Cholesterol Numbers.”