I believe in empowering my patients to be strong advocates for the care they receive, as well as the care they seek! I know I have done my job when my patient understands not only their illness process, but their plan and process for wellness.
Patients, as consumers, are becoming well educated on holistic and alternative forms of medicine, thus I attempt to incorporate integrative medicine into my practice where appropriate and when desired by my patients.
Most medical providers have an area of expertise within their practice for which they feel passionate. My area of expertise is spine care. Back pain and the other aspects of spine care have a profound effect on patients and the lives they lead. Back pain can invade all aspects of a patient’s life and when treated appropriately, enables the patient to be successful in the life they lead.
Work-Life balance is crucial to my internal well being, as it is for my patients. My work-life balance is managed by staying active and being involved with the lives of my wife and three daughters. One of my ways of giving back to my community is to coach a high level girls lacrosse travel team that prepares young ladies to be the best for their high school teams and to prepare to play at the college level. Coaching forces me to stay fit, learn how to get the most out of players while showing them how and why they are doing the things they do while playing their sport. Coaching young ladies helps me to develop my communication skills.
I am and avid skier and cyclist. I love fly fishing and golfing, though I’m not very good at either.
Qualifications and experience
- Bones, Joints and Muscles - Back Pain, Integrative Medicine, Internal Medicine, Primary Care, Spine
University of Colorado-Colorado Spring (2004)
- Board Certification
Certification Agency Member Board Specialty Year ANCC ANCC Adult 2011
- Clinical interest for patients
• Spine Health is in my wheelhouse having been intimately involved with the spine surgery world.
• Integrative Medicine is an area that I find is growing and needs to be part of my practice as my patients are asking for this type of care to be integrated into their care.
- Research interest for patients
Post surgical follow up and the expectations of the patient vs. the expectation of the surgeon.
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.