Marti has practiced Physical Therapy at SportsMed since 2000, the year she graduated from the University of Colorado Health Science Center with a Masters Degree in PT. Leaving Steamboat for school those years was challenging, but she now reaps the rewards of her profession working with and helping the folks of the Yampa Valley.
Seeking physical therapy for her own injuries as an alpine and Nordic skier and coach, she was inspired by the people who helped her return to her active lifestyle. Marti strives for a team approach with patients, as a coach to athlete, educating them through the recovery process in achieving their goals.
A lifetime learner, Marti, has continued to expand her fields of practice. She specializes in aquatic therapy, osteoporosis exercise treatment and patient education. She studies and integrates her Polestar Pilates training inside and outside the clinic.
She has taught classes in ski fitness, postural correction, and strength training for women to address building stronger bones.
Marti’s passion for Nordic skiing and coaching inspired a Nordic fitness walking class which she teaches in the summer months as part of the Aging Well program. She also teaches cross country skiing at the Catamount Nordic Center in the winter months.
Marti enjoys cross-training in the summer months. She is an age class competitor in Sprint and Olympic distance triathlons. She particularly enjoys open water swims.
She and her husband, David, enjoy biking, kayaking and camping together.
Other Credentials include:
- PSIA Certified Level III, trainer in Nordic Skiing
- USSA level 100 Nordic Coaching license
Certifications and Areas of Special Studies:
- ATRI certified (Aquatic Therapy and Rehab Institute)
- Polestar Pilates trained mat instructor
Qualifications and experience
- Rehabilitation Therapy - Physical Therapy
- Languages spoken
- UCHealth strongly encourages you to consult with your health insurer to determine accurate information about your coverage and benefits for a particular health care service provided at a UCHealth facility. Read more here.