It is my aim to always provide people the quality of care I would wish for my loved ones; sincere, holistic, and compassionate.
My decision to pursue a career in medicine was guided by my parents. They own and operate a funeral home in Western Nebraska. During my childhood, my family all lived in the upstairs of the business. On a daily basis I witnessed the impact my father and mother had in peoples’ lives by showing respect and kindness during difficult times of loss. They inspired and encouraged me to pursue a career where I could impact lives in the same way.
Outside of the hospital, I enjoy running and hiking during free time. Live music. Reading. The majority of my family resides in Nebraska. We try to get together as often as we can. Go Big Red!
Qualifications and experience
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Masters of Science
Clarkson College (2015)
University of Nebraska Medical Center (2011)
- Clinical interest for patients
- Medical ethics surrounding end-of-life care
- Research interest for patients
- Relational dynamics of different medical specialties. I'm interested in determining if/how one could tailor relationships between oncologists and palliative care providers as to benefit patient support and outcomes