I believe in listening to each patient to develop an effective home program and get each patient back to work and to their functional activities. I believe in answering questions and providing education to help each patient understand their injury, the causes of their pain and how best to recover. I include humor to improve comfort and find many ways to achieve their goals for success. My goal is for me and each patient to be a team that works toward their progress together.
I enjoy painting landscapes and taking photos. My husband and I have been married for 42 years: we have two adult children and one grandchild.
Qualifications and experience
- Occupational Medicine, Rehabilitation Therapy - Physical Therapy
CU Health Sciences Center (1993)
- Clinical interest for patients
- I am an orthopedic specialist
- Dry needling
- Use thought, clinical testing and subjective reports to arrive at a therapy diagnosis.
- 25 years of experience has allowed me to gather multiple continuing education class information, treatments and exercises to have faster goal achievement.
- Research interest for patients
A clinical study that allows me to determine the effectiveness of dry needling by comparing number of visits from evaluation to discharge with one specific diagnoses. This will compare the number of visits required prior to the inclusion of dry needling to number of visits required after the inclusion of dry needling. The expectation is to include the same manual, educational and exercise with both groups. The study group will have dry needling in addition to those components.