Our Progressive Pathway Program provides opportunities to UCHealth RNs who wish to expand their career into a critical care unit or a specialty unit. Applicants must be UCHealth employees and follow the UCHealth System Internal Transfer Policy.
NOTE: Nurses hired through the Nurse Residency Program must have worked on their current UCHealth unit as an RN for 2 years prior to the start date of the program. There are no exceptions to this rule.
For a complete and updated list of nursing units participating in each cohort, please refer to job postings on our internal career site during specifically outlined application window.
>> See Nursing Unit Descriptions for PVH and MCR (please note participating units in active job posting during specific cohorts)
- First, meet with your current manager to discuss your interest in transferring to a Critical Care or Specialty unit. (HR will send an evaluation for your manager to complete, and ask for your manager’s recommendation/endorsement for a transfer.)
- Then completely fill out the online application, and attach the following in a single PDF or Microsoft Word document::
- Comprehensive resume.
- Cover letter explaining:
- Your credentials
- Into which unit you’d like to transfer
- Why you’re interested in that unit.
In order to be considered for an opening in the Progressive Pathway Program, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be a current UCHealth employee (former employees, non-employees and agency nurses working at UCHealth are not eligible for this program).
- Must have been in your current unit as a Clinical RN for at least 6 months prior to the transfer date.
- Must be eligible for a transfer per the UCHealth transfer policy (found on The Source as “Internal Transfers and Promotions”).
- Must apply and submit all requirements by the application deadline.
Employees who are selected for the Progressive Pathway Program will be required to:
- Agree to work full-time (.9 FTE) for at least one year after transferring to the ICU or specialty unit.
- Attend and participate in the Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) and / or additional orientation required for the Pathway Program.
- Transfer to the new unit.
Interview and selection process
- HR will be responsible for verifying eligibility. You will be notified by HR if you do not meet requirements.
- Candidates selected for an interview will meet with the Critical Care / Specialty manager and other members of the interviewing team, and then shadow a nurse on that unit.
- Candidates will be informed of a decision a week after interviews are complete.
- Please note that if you are in a current role outside of the Clinical Nurse RN (e.g. Charge RN), acceptance into the Pathway Program will require that your job status change to a Clinical Nurse RN. Following the UEXCEL bylaws, transfers to a different service may retain their advanced status for up to one year post-transfer. Should the advanced or expert clinical levels be unable to be demonstrated at one year, the nurse must be reclassified at the level occupied prior to advancement. Please see Section V5 of the UEXCEL Professional Practice Program/Model Bylaws. Please direct any questions to your current or hiring manager.
For more information about this program, please contact Julie Willis at Julie.Willis@uchealth.org.
Please note that this program is only open to employees of UCHealth.
>> APPLY NOW!
(Next application window opens on April 15, 2019)