Memorial Hospital is located in Colorado Springs at the base of the beautiful Rocky Mountains and serves southern Colorado communities. Memorial is a Level II Trauma Center comprised of two campuses - Memorial Hospital Central and Memorial Hospital North - as well as several outlying clinical facilities throughout Colorado Springs.
Our residency program was started in 2004 and offers four Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) program positions. We are accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). This 12-month program offers an excellent opportunity for residents in our large acute care facility.
- Duration/Type: 12 months
- Number of Positions: 4
- Application Deadline: 01/01/2016
- Starting Date: 06/20/2016
- Estimated Stipend: $45,000
- Interview Required: Yes
Residency Special Features
- Rotations include: Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, Cleanroom and Practice Management, and longitudinal rotations of Staffing, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Quality Management. There are twelve weeks of electives including Pediatrics, Neonatal Care, Women's Services, Oncology, and others.
- Fringe Benefits: Health, dental, disability and life insurance; travel allowance to ASHP midyear and Mountain States Residency Conference.
- Training Site Type: Hospital - 476 beds
- Owner Affiliate: Community
- Model Type(s): Acute Care
- Tax Status: Non-Profit
- Professional Staff: 46
- Non-Professional Staff: 43
- Number of Medical Centers: Two. Central hospital – 476 beds; satellite hospital - 88 beds.
- Total Beds: 654
- Average Daily Census: 386
- Site Special Features: Memorial Hospital is a Level II trauma center, with Adult, Cardiac, Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Units, as well as Medical, Surgical, Oncology, Women's Health and Rehabilitation Services.
For questions about the pharmacy practice residency program at Memorial
Hospital, please call the program director, at 719-365-6576.