Nurse Residency Program at Memorial Hospital - University of Colorado Health in Colorado Springs
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from nursing school!
Are you prepared to take that giant step from student to professional nurse? The Nurse Residency Program at Memorial Hospital is designed to help facilitate your transition into your first role as a professional nurse.
As a new RN in our Nurse Residency Program, you will participate in a one year program that is designed to provide necessary support while you continue to gain knowledge and leadership skills. This program has proven to provide a strong foundation for your nursing career. Many of our graduates are now preceptors, charge nurses, team leads and clinical managers.
Nurse Residency Program Highlights
- General hospital orientation to gain insight on our culture and our focus on patient safety
- Variety of skill based, hands-on activities to prepare for unit orientation
- Extensive structured orientation guided by formally trained preceptors
- Monthly residency support sessions to ease the transition to a professional role
- Meetings with hospital experts to learn about topics related to patient outcomes, leadership and professional development
- Small group sessions led by clinical experts to provide tailored education specific to your unit or service line
2015 Program dates/deadlines
- Application window opens Friday, May 1, 2015
- Application window closes Friday, June 1, 2015 at 5 p.m. Denver time
- Updates on applications will be given the week of July 6, 2015 (We kindly ask for
your patience as we complete this process. Everyone who has applied will receive an update
around this time.)
- Interviews will take place from June 25 through July 2, 2015
- Application window opens Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- Application window closes Friday, August 14 at 5 p.m. Denver time
- Updates on applications will be given the week of Oct. 5, 2015 (We kindly ask for your patience as we complete this process. Everyone who has applied will receive an update around this time.)
- Interviews will take place from Sept. 24 – Oct. 1, 2015
To be considered, all parts of the application must be received online by the application deadline.