Nurse Residency Program at Memorial Hospital - University of Colorado Health in Colorado Springs
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from nursing school!
Are you prepared to take that giant step from student to professional nurse? The Nurse Residency Program at Memorial Hospital is designed to help facilitate your transition into your first role as a professional nurse.
As a new RN in our Nurse Residency Program, you will participate in a one year program that is designed to provide necessary support while you continue to gain knowledge and leadership skills. This program has proven to provide a strong foundation for your nursing career. Many of our graduates are now preceptors, charge nurses, team leads and clinical managers.
Nurse Residency Program Highlights
- General hospital orientation to gain insight on our culture and our focus on patient safety
- Variety of skill based, hands-on activities to prepare for unit orientation
- Extensive structured orientation guided by formally trained preceptors
- Monthly residency support sessions to ease the transition to a professional role
- Meetings with hospital experts to learn about topics related to patient outcomes, leadership and professional development
- Small group sessions led by clinical experts to provide tailored education specific to your unit or service line
2016 Program dates/deadlines
February 22, 2016
- Application window opens Wednesday, November 11
- Application window closes Friday, December 11 at 5 p.m. Denver time
- Interviews will take place from January 11 – 22, 2016
July 25, 2016
- Application window opens Wednesday, April 13
- Application window closes Friday, May 13 at 5 p.m. Denver time
- Interviews will take place from June 6 – 17, 2016
October 31, 2016
- Application window opens Tuesday, July 19
- Application window closes Friday, August 19 at 5 p.m. Denver time
- Interviews will take place from September 13 – 23, 2016
To be considered, all parts of the application must be received online by the application deadline.