Medical Center of the Rockies in Loveland, Colorado and Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado offer a Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program
Future Program Dates
Feb 15, 2016
July 18, 2016
- Application window will run from Nov. 30 – Dec. 11 at 5 pm MST
October 24, 2016
- Applications will open in late April
- Applications will open in early August
We value education and clinical excellence, providing a supportive residency for our BSN graduate nurses. Our nurse-to-patient ratios reflect a caring and quality framework to ensure best practices for patient safety and excellent care.
Nurses have an opportunity for career development through our active and extensive education and evidence-based practice research programs.
Designed with input from our graduate nurses, our one-year graduate nurse residency program is structured to provide the critical elements important for a successful transition into professional nursing practice.
- Choice of entry into clinical areas, including: emergency department, intensive care, specialty units, women and infants, medical, surgical, post-trauma, orthopedics and neurosciences.
- Formal orientation program with guided clinical experiences by competent, trained preceptors.
- Program and unit oversight by clinical nurse specialists/clinical nurse educators.
- Essential classes for practice: telemetry, critical care and others by specialty.
- A positive professional environment with opportunities for collaborative, collegial relations with all disciplines.