What Is UEXCEL?
UEXCEL Credentialing Timeline 2016
Intent to Credential Submission Deadline: November 1, 2015
Credentialing Portfolio Submission Deadline: August 19, 2016
Notification of Credentialing Status: October 14, 2016
UEXCEL is a goal-oriented professional practice program that offers the opportunity for promotion by submitting a portfolio to demonstrate your achievements. The portfolio consists of documentation of your contributions to nursing practice at University of Colorado Hospital and your commitment to the profession. Both regular and flex clinical nurses are eligible to advance beyond Level II in the UEXCEL Professional Practice Program by portfolio application.
2015 UEXCEL Luncheon and Award Ceremony
January 28, 2016
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
>> View/Download 2014 Credentialed RN's
UEXCEL Credentialing Information 2015-2016
Nurses looking to credential in UEXCEL 2015-16 are strongly encouraged to take the online UEXCEL Program Overview Course
Coming this fall, all UEXCEL courses will be available year-round as online self-paced ULEARN courses!
UEXCEL - Program Overview
This workshop provides a broad overview of the credentialing process and the required components of the UEXCEL credentialing portfolio.
Learning Objectives At the conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Describe the value of the credentialing process
- Identify the 4 sections of a credentialing portfolio
- Identify resources available to assist in portfolio development
- Identify the key components of a professional resume
- Construct a professional resume for use in seeking a professional promotion
- Describe the benefits of reflective practice and clinical narrative writing
- Develop a clinical narrative illustrating advanced (or expert Level IV) clinical practice
UEXCEL - Resume/Narrative
This course will go more specifically into how to construct or refine your professional resume and how to write a clinical narrative to "tell your story," both important components of your portfolio. Participants are encouraged to bring drafts of their resume and/or narrative to class for feedback (this is optional).
Are you planning to submit your 2014-15 UEXCEL credentialing portfolio in DIGITAL* format?
*All credentialing nurses are required to submit a digital portfolio starting in 2015!
Questions? Read our Digital Portfolios FAQs.
We recommend you take the online digital portfolio course.
Questions? Send an email message to the Digital Portfolio mailbox
2015 Certified Advisor Workshop Dates - register in ULearn (LB: Leprino Bldg)
This workshop is required for nurses seeking to serve as a Certified UEXCEL Advisor.
- Tuesday, Jan. 20, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Leprino 612
- Thursday, Jan. 29, 8 to 9 a.m., Leprino 612
- Monday, Feb. 9, 1 to2 p.m., Leprino 612
- Tuesday, Feb. 17, 3 to 4 p.m., Leprino 612
UEXCEL Advisor Course
UEXCEL Certified Advisors List (last updated April 2015)
UEXCEL Board Credentialed to Levels III and IV