What Is UEXCEL?
UEXCEL Credentialing Timeline 2015
Intent to Credential Submission Deadline: April 1, 2015
Credentialing Portfolio Submission Deadline: August 22, 2015
Notification of Credentialing Status: October 15, 2015
UEXCEL is a goal-oriented professional practice program that offers the opportunity for promotion by submitting a portfolio to demonstrate your achievements. The portfolio consists of documentation of your contributions to nursing practice at University of Colorado Hospital and your commitment to the profession. Both regular and flex clinical nurses are eligible to advance beyond Level II in the UEXCEL Professional Practice Program by portfolio application.
2014 UEXCEL Luncheon and Award Ceremony
January 29, 2015
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
>> View/Download 2014 Credentialed RN's
UEXCEL Credentialing Information 2014-2015
Nurses looking to credential in UEXCEL 2015-16 are strongly encouraged to attend a UEXCEL Introductory Workshop
Sign up in ULearn by searching "UEXCEL" in the catalog
UEXCEL - Introductory Workshop
This workshop provides a broad overview of the credentialing process and the required components of the UEXCEL credentialing portfolio.
Learning Objectives At the conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Describe the value of the credentialing process
- Identify the 4 sections of a credentialing portfolio
- Identify resources available to assist in portfolio development
- Identify the key components of a professional resume
- Construct a professional resume for use in seeking a professional promotion
- Describe the benefits of reflective practice and clinical narrative writing
- Develop a clinical narrative illustrating advanced (or expert Level IV) clinical practice
2014 Introductory Workshop Dates - register in ULearn (LB: Leprino Bldg)
- Tuesday, Aug. 18, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Leprino 613
- Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m., Leprino 612
- Thursday, Sept. 10, 3 to 5 p.m., Leprino 612
- Monday, Sept. 21, 9 to 11 a.m., Lebprino 620
UEXCEL - Resume/Narrative
This course will go more specifically into how to construct or refine your professional resume and how to write a clinical narrative to "tell your story," both important components of your portfolio. Participants are encouraged to bring drafts of their resume and/or narrative to class for feedback (this is optional).
2015 Resume/Narrative Workshop Dates - register in ULearn (LB: Leprino Bldg)
- Monday, April 20, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Leprino 612
- Thursday, April 30, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., Leprino 620
- Wednesday, May 6, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Leprino 613
- Thursday, May 14, 1 to 2 p.m., Leprino 612
Are you planning to submit your 2014-15 UEXCEL credentialing portfolio in DIGITAL* format?
*All Level III and Level IV nurses are required to submit a digital portfolio in 2015!
Questions? Read our Digital Portfolios FAQs.
We recommend you attend one of the digital portfolio workshops.
2015 Digital Portfolio Workshop Dates - register in ULearn (AIP 1: Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion 1)
Questions? Send an email message to the Digital Portfolio mailbox
2015 Certified Advisor Workshop Dates - register in ULearn (LB: Leprino Bldg)
This workshop is required for nurses seeking to serve as a Certified UEXCEL Advisor.
- Tuesday, Jan. 20, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Leprino 612
- Thursday, Jan. 29, 8 to 9 a.m., Leprino 612
- Monday, Feb. 9, 1 to2 p.m., Leprino 612
- Tuesday, Feb. 17, 3 to 4 p.m., Leprino 612
UEXCEL Advisor Course
UEXCEL Certified Advisors List (last updated November 2014)
UEXCEL Board Credentialed to Levels III and IV