The application window for the May 2015 ACP Program will open on March 2, 2015.
Greetings ACP Applicant:
Depending on your browser, sometimes "login" panes appear when opening MS Office files.
Please close these panes ("x" at top right of pane) if they appear. Otherwise, you can
"Save as" normally.
We have come to the start of another selection period for Advanced Care Partners positions. Please review the web for all pertinent information related to the program, including the start date and deadlines.
The next ACP orientation begins May 18, 2015.
This is a 3-day orientation, and it is required of the Advanced Care Partner to coordinate personal schedules and attend all parts of orientation.
- Monday, May 18, 2015 | 8:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2015 | 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015 | 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
*Due to the large ACP class for our upcoming May 2015 start, times and locations are subject to change. More information will be communicated once the class is finalized.
The deadline to apply for the May 2015 ACP Program is Thursday, March 19 2015 at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.
>> View upcoming dates and deadlines for future 2015 ACP Cohorts.
Application information and requirements
- The Advanced Care Partner must be actively enrolled in a baccalaureate nursing program without interruption in progression or have graduated from an accredited BSN program.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited nursing baccalaureate program (BSN). Candidates enrolled in an Associates Degree-to-BSN are not eligible to apply for our Advanced Care Partner Program.
- Must be able to attend Hospital Orientation, ACP orientation and Computer Training on the week of May 18, 2015. Hospital orientation is on Monday, Epic Computer Training on Tuesday, and ACP orientation is on Wednesday. All orientation days will be all-day. No exceptions are permitted. Therefore, it is important that personal and school schedules are coordinated beforehand.
- Must have completed Med/Surg I at time of application. If you are currently in Med/Surg I or expected to complete it at the time of the orientation start date, we ask that you apply for the next cohort offered. See a list of the Med/Surg I equivalent courses at your school [in Word] -- [in PDF].
- Be able to work at least one 12-hour shift (day, nights or weekends, as needed by unit) per week consistently until graduation. ACP positions are not seasonal or temporary positions. ACPs who are hired for the Cardiac PCU or CICU units, will be required to work a hybrid role as a Telemetry Technician / ACP. Out-of-state candidates are eligible to apply for the Summer ACP Program only. Summer ACPs are required to work full-time hours during the summer.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are at least one year or more from graduation. Applicants graduating within the next year are encouraged to wait and apply for the Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program.
- Online application - All ACPs must submit their applications online. Please ensure that all forms are attached successfully before leaving the UCHealth job application site. **Please note that our online application will only allow for one document to be uploaded. For supplemental documents (e.g. resume / ACP supplemental questionnaire / unofficial transcript), these will need to be scanned into one PDF attachment or uploaded into one MS Word attachment. The online application will only accept attachments in a Word or PDF format. Please ensure that when the document is uploaded, that it is in a printable format.
- ACP Supplemental Questionnaire [in Word] -- [in PDF]
- Nursing School Unofficial Transcripts – We only need unofficial transcripts from your current institutions where you are attending nursing school. This will help us to verify the completion of your Med-Surg I course requirement.
- ACP Clinical Evaluation [in Word] – [in PDF] Please have your clinical instructor email this document to UCH-SN-Recruiting@uchealth.org RE: ACP Application. Please remember to include the candidate's full name on all email submissions.
- Unexpired American Heart Association CPR Card. CPR certifications must be current for 60 days from the program start date. It is the ACP's responsibility to provide current certifications at the program start date.
- Due to the number of applications, HR is unable to confirm receipt of your application.
- Please electronically apply ONLY when you have all parts of your application. Any missing pieces from the date of your application will automatically disqualify you. Paper applications are not accepted.
- Please put your name on each page of your application including e-mail attachments. Please ensure that when you attach all documents electronically, all documents are in a format that we can open.
- We highly discourage applicants from approaching hiring managers directly in regards to openings. All applications must go through Human Resources.
For additional questions, please e-mail them directly to UCH-SN-Recruiting@uchealth.org
Interviewing & offers
- Applications will be reviewed by a recruiter after all four components (application/resume, questionnaire, clinical reference and transcripts) have been received in Human Resources.
- Offers will be made contingent upon passing a post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and background check.
>> Apply now!
If you have additional questions about the Advanced Care Partner Program, please e-mail them to UCH-SN-Recruiting@uchealth.org.