Carol Henderson loves the Aspen Club. Aspen Club provides health and wellness programs to community members ages 50+.
University of Colorado Health in Northern Colorado, which includes Poudre Valley Hospital, Medical Center of the Rockies and Colorado Health Medical Group, demonstrates local, community leadership by providing community outreach and participating in a broad range of initiatives and programs aimed at keeping you healthy.
[Blog post: Protect your valuable relationship with your doctor]
In the past five years, UCHealth has given an average of $3.4 million per year in northern Colorado for community health and improvement services and an average of $2.5 million per year in community sponsorships to other tax-exempt organizations.
It is important for UCHealth to step in when our community needs it most, from natural disasters like flooding and the High Park Fire to making the healthy choice the easy choice in our hospitals.
Community leadership to improve health and wellness in Northern Colorado
- More than 34,700 elementary students and adults representing 80 northern Colorado schools participated in the Healthy Kids Club Schools on the Move Challenge in 2013.
- In 2012, Healthy Kids Club sponsored 22 school-based walkathon's and raised more than $210,000 with $41,000 designated to support health and wellness initiatives.
- The Nurse Is In holds blood pressure clinics in various northern Colorado locations to make sure adults have easy access to this life-saving screening; they screened over 760 people in 2012.
- In 2013, UCHealth North launched a men's health event series called March MAN-ness to promote the importance of disease prevention and early detection screenings.
Caring about keeping you comfortable and safe
- In 2012, the school-based Strap and Snap Bicycle Safety Education Program provided training to over 2,800 elementary students in the Thompson and Poudre School Districts.
- The cancer massage program is specialized to promote relief of the physical and emotional impacts of cancer and cancer treatment.
- The Hospital-Based Car Seat Fit Station provides over 850 car seat consultations per year to parents of newborns prior to hospital discharge.
Leading in evidence-based programs
- Enhance Wellness, is our nationally recognized, evidence-based community program for people dealing with one or more chronic conditions; for 2012 participants, medical costs associated with hospitalizations, primary care, physician visits and emergency room visits decreased by 41 percent.
- Poudre Valley Hospital is one of the nation's top 100 hospitals and Poudre Valley Health System was named one of the nation's top 15 health systems for clinical performance.
- Poudre Valley Hospital's Community Case Management Program helps an average of 580 people per year cope with their chronic health issues.