The nutrition counseling is for patients in our cancer care program and it is offered at no cost.
The consultation is customized to your interests in the following areas:
- Research-based nutrition information.
- Questions about the link between nutrition and cancer.
- Tips for eating during chemotherapy.
- Easy meal and snack ideas.
- Tips for eating adequately when appetite is poor. Assistance in finding the right protein supplement or shake
- Improving cancer-associated malnutrition and hydration through treatment.
- Nutritional considerations for side effect management, including: nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, dehydration, dysphagia, altered taste, mucositis, stomatitis, dry mouth, anorexia, early satiety.
- Herbal supplements. Are they safe?
- Setting goals to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Home feeding tube education and monitoring.
- Ways nutrition can be a tool in preventing future cancers.
Fort Collins, Greeley and Loveland