Experience the comfort of holistic, personalized midwifery care with the assurance and options of modern medicine. At the UCHealth Center for Midwifery, we care for women and families throughout their prenatal, labor, birth and postpartum period. Our goal is to help you achieve the birth experience you envision in a supportive, caring environment through a partnership with our midwives and staff.
UCHealth Center for Midwifery
We strive to give you the most updated information and comprehensive care to facilitate an empowering labor and birth experience through high-touch, personalized care.
All of our Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) hold at least a master’s degree and are board certified through the American Midwifery Certification Board.
- Breastfeeding support
- Collaboration and coordination of care with other healthcare specialties
- Comprehensive prenatal care
- Family planning
- Gynecological care
- Health promotion
- Individualized birth experience unique to each family
- Labor support and management
- Menopause care
- Postpartum care
- Pre-conception counseling
- Water birth
- UCHealth Longs Peak Hospital will be the only hospital in Boulder county to offer water birth as an in-hospital birth option.
- Well woman care
Having your baby at Longs Peak Hospital
UCHealth Longs Peak Hospital has offered labor and birth services since 2017.
The Birth Center will offer the following labor and delivery services:
- Vaginal birth
- Cesarean section (c-section)
- Level II Special Care Nursery (SCN), with ability to care for infants born at 34 weeks gestation and later
- Certified nurse midwives, obstetricians, maternal fetal medicine specialists
- Water births
- Breastfeeding support throughout the hospital stay
- Lactation consultants and nurses trained in supporting breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding support for mothers with infants in the SCN