We have come a long way in our two years as a clinically integrated network and experienced change time and again. But those changes have been an impetus for growth and opportunity, and have yielded a multitude of accomplishments. Together, we have built a network that is committed to results and includes:
- More than 3,000 providers in Colorado and Wyoming who manage more than 100,000 unique lives attributed to value-based contracts.
- A single instance of electronic health records that integrates both clinical and claims data – allowing participating providers the opportunity to understand the full picture of a patient’s health across the full care continuum.
- Access to evidence-based protocols and clinical initiatives with one set of consolidated metrics for cost, utilization and quality reporting.
- Data analysts who unify clinical and claims data in electronic dashboards to identify potential care gaps and help develop strategies for improved performance across each of our value-based contracts.
- Pharmaceutical support for providers that includes clinical interventions and recommendations to better manage the cost of prescription medications.
- Clinical transformation and care management teams for consultation and support.
- Opportunities to lead – members may choose to join a work group to discuss clinical strategies and areas of improvement.
Most importantly, our efforts have yielded success in our value-based contracts:
- Anthem Commercial EPHC Calendar Year 2017 results – the network improved quality from 50% to 60% and created shared savings of $1.78M.
- Cigna Commercial CAC Performance Year 2017 results – the network improved quality from 56.3% to 82.4% and created shared savings exceeding $615K.
If we can be certain of one thing, it is that more change is yet to come. We hope you will embrace it knowing it will only make us better. This network is on a trajectory destined for success, and collectively we are unstoppable.
Austin Bailey, MD
Medical Director, Network Engagement for Population Health