The Poudre Valley Prenatal (PVP) program at the Family Medicine Center in Fort Collins provides complete pre- and post-pregnancy care for low-income women in northern Larimer County.
PVP services are provided by medical residents working under the direction of experienced obstetricians who oversee the program. Nurses, a social worker and other support staff also provide expert care.
Prenatal & maternity care services
Our comprehensive services for pregnant women include:
- Blood tests, pap smears, cultures and urinalysis, ultrasound, health education, and counseling
- Labor and delivery care at Poudre Valley Hospital
- Postpartum care for six weeks after your baby's birth
- Prenatal care and birth classes
- Assistance with Medicaid applications and scheduling WIC appointments
About the Poudre Valley Prenatal Program
Our prenatal care assistance program was founded in 1989 as a collaborative effort involving community members, physicians, the Poudre Valley Hospital Foundation and the Kellogg Foundation, which provided a grant to help fund the initiative. Residents of Larimer County who meet certain financial guidelines can become a PVP patient.
The Family Medicine Center is located two blocks north of Poudre Valley Hospital at 1025 Pennock Place. For more information on our prenatal care program, please call 970-495-8824.