Inpatient rehabilitation helps people who have experienced major injury or illness regain the skills necessary for everyday life.
Because University of Colorado Health provides inpatient rehabilitation within the hospital, you have immediate access to other important clinical services on-site, such as medical, surgical, respiratory, radiology and laboratory services.
We care for individuals who have experienced:
- Neurological disorder
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple injuries due to trauma
- Other complex conditions
Specialized therapies for illness and injury
Our rehabilitation team combines expertise from a variety of specialties to address the individualized physical, cognitive and emotional needs of each patient. Therapy may involve:
- Physical therapy to help relearn movement
- Occupational therapy to help regain skills for daily living
- Speech therapy to help restore communication skills and improve swallowing ability
- Music therapy to help improve all aspects of well-being
We conduct your therapy sessions in a comfortable, private setting designed to build skills and increase your ability to live independently. Your family and friends are encouraged to participate in your treatment program.