Attention parents in the Colorado Springs area, make sure your children are as safe as possible when riding in the car. Take advantage of our Kohl’s Cares Safety Program, a partnership between Kohls Cares® and Memorial Hospital in Southern Colorado.
If you live in northern Colorado, please go here for car seat safety information.
Weekly car seat safety checks in the Colorado Springs area
We offer weekly car seat safety checks every Wednesday according to the following schedule. Call 719-365-5834 to make an appointment.
Safety check schedule
4 to 7 p.m.
American Medical Response
2370 N. Powers Blvd.
2 to 4 p.m.
Police Operations Center
705 S. Nevada Ave.
2 to 5 p.m.
CS Fire Dept. Station #19
2490 Research Parkway
3 to 5 p.m.
CS Fire Dept. Station #8
3737 Airport Road
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Stratmoor Hills Fire Dept.
2160 B St.
Car seat recommendations
- Select a car seat based on your child's age, height, and weight.
- Keep your child in the car seat for as long as possible, as long as your child fits the seat's height and weight requirements.
- Remember that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends keeping children rear-facing until their 2nd birthday or until the uppermost weight limit of their seat.
- Follow your car seat manufacturer's instructions and your vehicle owner's manual on how to install the car seat.
- Check the expiration date of your car or booster seat – usually located on a sticker or embossed in the plastic on the back.
- Have all children under 13 ride in the back seat.
Children in Colorado are required to ride in a booster seat until their 8th birthday.